Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers the Online Post Graduate Diploma in E-Learning (PGDEL) from January 2010 to develop professional competencies in offering online programmes in the Country. The programme is offered through the Staff Training and Research Institute of Distance Education (STRIDE).
The objectives of the programme are to develop human resource capabilities in planning,
designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating e-learning programmes. After successful completion of the programme the learners are expected to be able to-.
Apply theoretical principles to design e-learning programmes;
Identify innovative practices and developments in the field of e-learning;
Use appropriate instructional design models for e-learning programmes;
Teach online courses to develop collaborative learning and maintain communities of learners;
Manage e-learning projects; and
Choose appropriate technology for e-learning and develop content for e-learning.
The programme has the following courses:
- MDE-001 Introduction of E-Learning (4 Credits)
- MDE-002 Design and Facilitation of E-Learning Courses (4 Credits)
- MDE-003 Management of E-Learning Projects (4 Credits)
- MDEI-004 Technologies for E-Learning (4 Credits)
- MDEP-005 Project Work (8 Credits)
The programme aims at developing competencies in design, development, implementation and management of online programmes at all levels of education, including the corporate training. Thus, the target group of the programme includes teachers, trainers, training managers, instructional designers, and course developers in schools, colleges, universities, and business and industry. Please note that the PGDEL programme is open to only students from India.
The duration of the programme shall be one year. Students not completing course(s) in the
specified duration shall re-register on pro-rata basis, and compete the programme in 2 years time to earn the PG Diploma.
Number of Seats: 50
The eligibility for PGDEL is graduation in any discipline. Preference shall be given to higher degree holders.
- Blended learning with compulsory face-to-face practical at the Headquarters
- Intensive online training to develop e-learning professionals
- Strong project work component to facilitate hands on work in online learning tools
- Personalized online student support
- Use of Open Educational Resources (OERs) and recommended texts
- Use of Moodle Learning Management Systematic
- Use of ePortfolio for student progress
- Use of Synchronous delivery methods using online conferencing tools
- Extensive use of discussion forums for both academic and personal support
- Innovative assessment mechanisms
- Online programme with flexible exit route
- Option to pay fees on semester basis
- Student apply online, and send their form and copy of the certificates/credentials to the Programme Coordinator at STRIDE.
- Upon selection, the offer of admission letter shall be sent to the students with instructions to pay fees online/ Challan/ DD.
- On receipt of fees, admission is confirmed, and enrollment number and Identity Card issued.
Programme Fees: Rs. 15000/- be paid at one go. Programme Fee shall be payable through Demand Draft in favour of "IGNOU, New Delhi" at the time of admission.
Registration Fees: Rs. 100/- to be paid (towards processing charges) through Demand Draft in favour of "IGNOU, New Delhi" at the time of submission of Application Form along with relevant copies of certificates and marksheet.
- Merit based admission shall be given with reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates as per rules.
- Rank list of the candidates shall be prepared for each category of students as per the following criteria:
50% weight to Marks in the Graduation;
- 20% weight to Marks in Post Graduation (only one PG degree to be considered);
- 10 marks each for MPhil and PhD;
- 10 marks for Work experience in University/ College/ School level teaching/professional/research/administrative experience or Work experience as trainer/ training manager/ instructional designer in the business/ industry environment. 0.5 mark for each year of experience with maximum of 20.